- Annual Brush Day: We will be having our annual brush clearing day on Saturday, June 8, at the SB Woman's Club on Mission Canyon Rd. As always, members who have paid their annual dues(only $35) are welcome to bring all the brush they want to the pick-up locations. We just ask that you leave out yucca, palm fronds, succulents, and ice plant. (posted 4/13/13)
- Annual Meeting 4/11/13: We had an excellent turn-out last evening and engaging speakers with important information. Thank everyone for making it such a success!
- Fire and Chaparral: A Delicate Balance
Join us in welcoming the local Channel Islands chapter of the California Native Plant Society (http://www.cnpsci.org/ Calendar/Events.htm) to the Garden as we host the Santa Barbara area meetings. Please bring plants to ID, or extra natives from your yard to exchange.
November Speaker: Robert Muller, Research Associate, SBBG and former Director of Research. Dr. Muller presents an interesting look at the history and significance of wildfire as it relates to our native chaparral and will discuss ecological aspects of our policies towards fuel management.
Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:30pm - 8:30pm In the Blaksley Library Free to members and non-members (posted 11/10/12)
- Concerned Citizens for Safe Passage, a Working Group comprised of and representing Key Stakeholders has been formed to take on the challenge to identify the problems and constraints, and to support improvements that will provide safe passage in the "bottleneck" of roadways and intersections on the south and north sides of the historic Mission Creek Bridge. For more information on this ongoing project, click here. (posted 9/2012)
- The Mission Canyon Association has received a California Fire Safe Council Grant of $67,000 to be used for vegetation management and we need your help! For more information, click here.
- For older news, please see our Canyon Issues page.
In this issue:
To see older newsletters, check out our newsletter archive.
If you have not yet, please pay your 2012 annual dues of $35
online using the paypal button below or by sending yourcheck to:
MCA, P O Box 401, Santa Barbara, CA 93102
If you are new to the neighborhood or have recently changed your phone or email address, please update your information at: firstname.lastname@example.org.